Chikungunya virus infects humans through mosquito bites. It can cause fever and joint pain (chikungunya symptoms in hindi). This virus attacks the patient’s body in the same way as dengue virus leaves its effect in the patient’s body. Although it is less dangerous than dengue, it is not a life-threatening fever, but its symptoms are severe enough to make a person weak, and it lasts for a long time. Let us discuss chikungunya virus, its causes, symptoms, treatment, and diagnosis with the help of this article – this article will also cover ways to avoid the virus.
What is Chikungunya – Chikungunya in Hindi
Chikungunya is an RNA virus and a member of the Togaviridae family. The disease was first reported in Tanzania in 1952. Earlier cases of chikungunya were found only in Africa, Asia and India, but since 2007, cases have been reported in Italy, France, Croatia and the Caribbean islands. Its outbreak is also spread in the islands. Overall, cases of chikungunya virus have been identified in more than 60 countries. Chikungunya virus is a viral fever transmitted primarily by the bite of the female Aedes mosquito. Mosquitoes also thrive and bite mostly during the day. Generally, it is not believed to be contagious; However, in rare cases, chikungunya virus can spread through contact with the blood of an infected person. Know its main reasons (chikungunya symptoms in hindi).
Read more: Dengue Meaning in Hindi.
Some important facts about Chikungunya virus:
- The main symptoms of chikungunya are fever and joint pain.
- Chikungunya can only be diagnosed through a blood test.
- There is no vaccine for Chikungunya.
Common symptoms of chikungunya are – fever and joint pain. Let us know the symptoms of chikungunya.
Symptoms of Chikungunya- Chikungunya Symptoms in Hindi
Many times, the symptoms of chikungunya are not visible in the patients. The symptoms of Chikungunya virus are similar to those of other diseases such as dengue fever. Chikungunya symptoms usually appear a few days after the bite of a female Aedes mosquito.
The following are the most common signs and symptoms of chikungunya:
- fever (as high as 104°F)
- joint pain and swelling
- headache, cold and cough
- muscle pain
- Red spots
- swelling around the joints
- eye pain and weakness
- be afraid of light
- Sleeplessness (Anidra ki Samasya)
generally This symptom in the patient (Chikungunya symptoms in Hindi) 5 to 7 days But the joint pain persists for a little longer.
When should one go to the doctor?
As soon as you feel that the symptoms of Chikungunya have started appearing, you should immediately visit the doctor. The doctor will suggest a series of tests to check the presence of chikungunya virus in the body and suggest the appropriate course of treatment. Let us know how we can identify the symptoms of Chikungunya –
Identifying symptoms- How To Identify Chikungunya Symptoms in Hindi
- High fever (Check for fever): High fever is one of the main symptoms of chikungunya. The fever typically stays above 102 to 104 °F (40 °C). The fever usually lasts for a week.
- Joint Pain: It is often severe and disabling. It usually affects the hands and feet. Joint pain usually lasts for weeks but in some rare cases it can last for a year or more. Joint pain includes:
- Joint pain lasts for seven to ten days in most sufferers, although it may persist for longer in older patients.
- Some people also have swelling of their joints.
- Identify rashes: The rash usually follows the onset of fever and is usually maculopapular. The rashes usually affect one’s torso and extremities. They can also appear on one’s palms, soles and face.
- Check for other symptoms: If you have chikungunya, you may also experience headache, muscle aches, eye flu and vomiting.
Read More: Jaundice Meaning in Hindi.
Chikungunya virus is not fatal, but its symptoms can be severe and disabling. Most patients recover from fever within a week, but joint pain persists for several months. Even after 1 year, about 20 percent of patients complain of joint pain.
There is no specific medicine to treat chikungunya; Most often, doctors recommend rest and drinking plenty of fluids.
- Some medicines help in reducing fever and joint pain-
- Naproxen (neproxen)
For long-lasting pain, physiotherapy may be helpful.
Prevention from Chikungunya
Chikungunya is also spread by mosquito bites just like Dengue and Malaria and the symptoms of chikungunya usually start appearing a few days after the mosquito bite. Therefore, to prevent this, we should protect ourselves from mosquitoes.
- It grows rapidly during the rainy season, so do not be negligent, do not allow water to accumulate around your house.
- Do not allow garbage to accumulate in the dustbin for long. Also, always keep the dustbin covered.
- Clean water in bucket, cooler and swimming pool daily.
- This disease affects children and old people quickly, so children should wear full sleeve clothes in this season.
- If the problem is more then show it to the doctor immediately.
- Avoid bathing in rivers and swimming pools as much as possible.
- Use products containing oil of lemon eucalyptus or PMD (p-menthane-3,8-diyl).
- Use air conditioning – it prevents mosquitoes from entering the room.
- Use mosquito coils and insecticide vaporizers.