The month of December is not just for celebrating New Year or Christmas, there are many airborne diseases which are active from this time of the year till the beginning of spring – Chicken Pox is one of them which is spreading all over the world. It is one of the most dangerous infectious diseases. Chicken pox is an infectious disease or say it is a viral infection which is caused by Herpes vericella-zoster virus. Chicken Pox is spread by touching, coughing and sneezing. This infectious disease mostly affects children who are 15 years of age or less. Through this article, let us know more about the symptoms, causes and treatment of chicken pox.
What is chicken pox, and when does it happen? Chicken pox in Hindi
Chicken Pox is mainly caused by a virus called Varicella, and usually affects children more than adults. Chicken Pox is also known as small pox or smallpox. Usually, chicken pox spreads the most from December to February and sometimes this infection lasts throughout the year. The main symptoms of chicken pox (Symptoms of Chicken Pox in Hindi) mainly include itching with small, fluid-filled blisters.
Chicken pox is also known as Laghu Masoorika in Ayurveda because in this small grains of the size of lentils are formed on the patient’s body. Although it is a dangerous disease, but if its symptoms are identified at the right time and proper treatment is done (Chicken Pox Treatment in Hindi), then it can be easily cured and there is no danger of life.
Causes of Chicken Pox – Causes of Chicken Pox
The main cause of chicken pox (Symptoms of Chicken Pox in Hindi) is varicella-zoster virus, but it is an infectious disease that spreads through infection. Chicken Pox is spread from one person to another by contact with cough, sneezing, shaking hands, spitting, fluid coming out of boils, clothes etc. Although chicken pox is more common in children than in adults, it can still occur in adults if-
- have never had chicken pox before
- have not been vaccinated for chicken pox
If you have had chicken pox in childhood, then the chances of it happening in future are negligible or 99% you will not get this disease again because once it happens, our body develops immunity to this disease. Is.
Symptoms of Chicken Pox
Chicken pox infection usually occurs 10 to 21 days after exposure to the virus and lasts for 5-10 days. The main symptom is itching accompanied by small, fluid-filled blisters, with symptoms varying between children and adults. Common symptoms of chicken pox – Symptoms of Chicken pox in Hindi are as follows-
- dizziness with rash
- heart beat fast
- shortness of breath
- lack of muscle coordination
- Fatigue meaning in hindi
- increased cough
- feeling of stiffness in the neck etc.
Also read in detail about: chikungunya in hindi
Symptoms of chicken pox in children:
Most of the children get chicken pox before the age of 10 years, the symptoms of chicken pox in children are as follows –
- Fever, aches, and headache often begin a day or so before the rash appears.
- Spots- Small spots appear on the body and after some time they develop into small blisters and cause itching. These spots can be anywhere on the body. Some children get chicken pox spots so much that their whole body is covered with spots.
- Loss of appetite and difficulty in eating.
Symptoms of chicken pox in adults:
The symptoms of chicken pox in adults are similar to the symptoms of chicken pox in children but in adults these symptoms can be more fatal at times. Its main symptoms include-
- Flu-like symptoms – fever, fatigue, loss of appetite, body aches, and headache. Red spots appear on the face and chest, eventually spreading to the entire body.
- Red spots, itching, blisters filled with fluid occur all over the body.
- Blisters filled with fluid, becoming sores.
Chicken Pox in Pregnancy
If a pregnant woman gets chicken pox, both she and her baby are at serious risk. Some of the problems are as follows-
- low birth weight
- birth defects such as abnormal organ and brain development
Treatment and prevention of chicken pox – Chicken Pox Treatment in Hindi
Chicken pox in healthy children does not require medical treatment. This disease takes its time to heal. However, you can take medicines to reduce different symptoms. Some medicines based on its symptoms are as follows –
- Use paracetamol only for fever and pain, apart from this, use any other medicine only with the advice of a doctor.
- To reduce itching, take medicine only on the advice of a doctor.
- Use antibiotics for any other type of infection.
- Use calamine lotion and colloidal oatmeal baths to relieve itching.
- Sometimes the doctor may also prescribe drugs like acyclovir or valacyclovir to fight the virus.
- To relieve itching, take a bath with a little baking powder mixed in cold water.
- Keep the children’s room as cool as possible and make them wear cotton clothes.
- Apply antibiotic cream on boils and pimples.
chicken pox complications
Generally, chicken pox is not a serious disease, but due to some mistakes, it can also cause the death of a person. Some of the major problems arising from chicken pox are as follows-
- bacterial infection
- encephalitis (inflammation of the brain)
Also read in detail about: Home Remedies for Fever
Apart from this, vaccination or vaccination is an effective remedy for chicken pox. Vaccination of chicken pox is done in 2 doses, with only 2 doses of this vaccine, you are protected up to 98%. Chicken pox is more dangerous after growing up than in childhood. If the patient has high fever in chicken pox, then the doctor should be seen instead of adopting home remedies.