If you are troubled by cough for a long time and cough is not going even after a lot of treatment and at the same time there is blood clotting in your throat, then be careful and do not take it lightly, it could be a sign of throat cancer. Throat Cancer Symptoms in Hindi can be there or there can be a possibility of any fatal disease related to the throat. Throat cancer can be very scary and you will be very surprised to know that there is no cure for this type of cancer. If it is not known about its symptoms (Throat Cancer Symptoms in Hindi), then it becomes difficult to find out whether it is throat cancer or not. Let us know more about Throat Cancer, how it affects our throat and what we can do to treat it.
Throat cancer is known as throat cancer in Hindi. Throat cancer is a type of tumor that develops in your throat (pharynx), voice box (larynx) or tonsils. Your larynx is a muscular tube that starts behind your nose and ends in your neck. Throat cancer symptoms often begin in the flat cells that line the inside of your throat. Your voice box is just below your larynx and is most susceptible to throat cancer. The voice box is made up of cartilage and contains the vocal cords that vibrate when we talk, causing our voice to come out of our mouths.
Cancer cells grow uncontrollably in Throat Cancer. There are many parts of our throat, and most of them are more prone to cancer. you may not know, “A part of the pharynx can contain up to 3,000 different types of cancer”,
Throat cancer is often divided into two categories: pharyngeal cancer and laryngeal cancer. Throat cancer symptoms in Hindi are rarely seen. According to the National Cancer Institute (NCI), pharyngeal cancer occurs in about 1% of people, and less than 0.5% are likely to develop cancer of the larynx.
Types of Throat Cancer
Although all types of throat cancer involve the growth of cancer cells, your doctor needs to identify your specific type for the most effective treatment and symptoms of cancer. Two types of throat cancer have been prescribed for him-
- squamous cell carcinoma: In this type of throat cancer, the undifferentiated flat cells in the throat are affected.
- Adenocarcinoma (adenocarcinoma): This type of throat cancer affects glandular cells and is a very rare type.
Apart from this, there are some types of throat cancer (Throat Cancer symptoms in Hindi) on the basis of both these categories- Pharynx and Larynx.
- Nasopharyngeal cancer: It begins in the nasopharynx, which is the part of your throat behind the nose.
- Oropharyngeal cancer: It begins in the oropharynx, which is the back part of your throat, on the right side of your mouth, that includes your tonsils.
- Hypopharyngeal cancer: It begins in the hypopharynx which is the lower part of our throat above the esophagus and windpipe.
- Glottic cancer: Glottic cancer begins in the vocal cords.
- Supraglottic cancer: Supraglottic cancer begins in the upper part of the larynx and affects the epiglottis, a piece of cartilage that prevents food from moving into your windpipe.
- Subglottic cancer: Subglottic cancer begins in the lower part of your voice box, below your vocal cords.
Causes and Risk Factors of Throat Cancer
Nothing can be said clearly about the main causes of throat cancer. Cancer occurs when cancer cells grow out of control and do not die. As a result, a swelling and lump is formed in the throat which is called a tumor. Throat cancer is also associated with certain types of HPV. HPV is a sexually transmitted virus. Throat cancer has also been linked to some other types of cancer. Very often, some people have esophageal, lung cancer at the same time – Lung Cancer Symptoms in Hindi, or throat cancer was also found along with bladder cancer. This may be because the risk factors for all these cancers are largely the same, and the symptoms are also largely the same.
There are certain factors that increase a person’s risk of developing throat cancer, including:
- heavy drinking
- smoking or using tobacco products, including chewing tobacco or taking snuff
- gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), a condition in which acid from the stomach moves back up into the food pipe
- Epstein-Barr virus (EBV), a common virus sometimes found in saliva
- HPV (HPV infection), it is a sexually transmitted virus
- poor nutrition
- exposure to asbestos
- poor dental hygiene
- genetic syndrome
We will read about Throat Cancer Symptoms in Hindi below in this article.
Throat Cancer Symptoms
Throat cancer can be difficult to detect in the early stages. Common symptoms of throat cancer include the following:
- change in voice
- trouble swallowing (dysphagia)
- weight loss
- sore throat
- a constant need to clear your throat
- Persistent cough (may cough up blood)
- swollen lymph nodes in the neck
- ear ache
If you feel any of these symptoms (Throat Cancer Symptoms in Hindi) and there is no improvement even after two to three weeks, then take a doctor’s appointment.
Treatment of Throat Cancer
You will need different types of specialists for the treatment of throat cancer, their list is given below-
- oncologist, who performs surgery to remove tumors
- radiation oncologist, who treats your cancer using radiation therapy
- pathologist, who examines the tissue sample from your biopsy
Treatment options for throat cancer include surgery, radiation therapy, and chemotherapy. Which method to use for cancer treatment will depend on the factors, symptoms, and severity of your cancer. These methods of treatment of throat cancer are given below-
If your throat tumor is very small, your doctor will remove your tumor with the help of surgery. This surgical procedure is completed in the hospital and during this you will be sedated. Your doctor may use one of these surgical methods-
- Endoscopic Surgery: In this procedure, your doctor will use an endoscope to remove the tumor, through which a surgical instrument or laser will be used to treat the early stage of cancer.
- Cordectomy: This procedure removes all or part of your vocal cords.
- Laryngectomy: In this procedure, all or part of your voice box is removed depending on the severity of the cancer. Some people can talk normally after surgery.
- Pharyngectomy: In this procedure, a portion of your throat is removed.
- Neck Dissection: If throat cancer has spread throughout the neck, your doctor will remove some of your lymph nodes.
After the tumor is removed, your doctor does radiation therapy. In radiation therapy, high-energy rays are used to destroy malignant cancer cells remaining after the tumor. Some types of radiation therapy are given below-
- Intensity-Modulated Radiotherapy and 3D- Conformal Radiation Therapy: In both types of treatment, the radiation beam is tailored to the shape of the tumor. This is the most common way radiation is given for laryngeal and hypopharyngeal cancer.
- Brachytherapy: The radioactive seed is placed directly inside the tumor or close to the tumor. Although this type of radiation may be used for laryngeal and hypopharyngeal cancer, it is rare.
If the tumor is very large or has spread to your lymph nodes or other organs or tissues, your doctor will treat the cancer with chemotherapy. Chemotherapy is a drug that slows the growth of malignant cells.
Targeted therapy involves giving drugs to treat cancer that block the spread and growth of cancer cells by interfering with specific molecules responsible for tumor growth. One type of targeted therapy used to treat throat cancer and the symptoms are also very similar is cetuximab (Erbitux).
Other types of targeted therapy are being researched in clinical trials. Your doctor may recommend this therapy along with standard chemotherapy and radiation.
Also read about it in detail: Mouth Cancer Symptoms in Hindi
There is a 20.5% risk of laryngeal cancer coming back in the first three years after treatment. However, if careful treatment of Throat Cancer Symptoms can limit its harmful side effects and effects of the condition.
If you want to do surgery for throat cancer, then know Throat Cancer Surgery Cost in Delhi today.,