Are you falling victim to any such disease with increasing age in which your hands and legs become numb and your brain stops working properly or your brain does not have control over the rest of your body. All these symptoms can be of Parkinson’s disease in Hindi. You will not believe, but in our country India, more than 10,00,000 people are victims every year. Parkinson’s disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that targets the part of our brain that tells our body how to do things. Mostly people above 60 years of age are victims of this disease, but it is not necessary that only old people will be victims of it, many times due to heredity, children can become victims of this disease. With the help of this article, we will know what is the meaning of Parkinson’s disease and what are the symptoms due to it.
Parkinson’s Disease Meaning in Hindi – What is Parkinson’s disease?
Meaning of Parkinson’s disease in Hindi: Parkinson’s disease is the second most common neurodegenerative disorder. This disease is a disease that affects that part of the human being which operates the organs of our body. Its symptoms are so less that in the beginning you will not even be able to recognize it. But as time passes, you start feeling weakness in your hands and legs, and its effect starts falling on almost everything from your walking, talking, sleeping, thinking.
This disease was known to people from about 5000 BC (5000 BC), at that time an ancient Indian civilization named this disease as tremor, which was treated with the seeds of a plant that contains therapeutic, which is now known as levodopa. Known by name. Parkinson’s disease was named after the British doctor James Parkinson, who first described the disease in detail as shaking palsy in 1817.
This disease often occurs at the age of 60 years and above, but sometimes due to heredity, you can become a victim of this disease in childhood itself, but the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease in Hindi (Symptoms of Parkinson’s disease in hindi) at the age of 60 years are compared to are more serious. Adult-onset Parkinson’s disease is most common, but there may be early-onset Parkinson’s disease (onset between 21–40 years), and juvenile-onset Parkinson’s disease (onset before age 21). The severity of Parkinson’s disease varies from person to person, some people live a long and good life with Parkinson’s disease and some people do not. According to a research, the chances of living life with this disease are almost the same as the normal life chances. There is no cure for Parkinson’s disease, but it can be treated by controlling its symptoms.
Effect of Parkinson’s Disease in Hindi – Effect of Parkinson’s disease on the brain
Deep in our brain, in an area called the substantia nigra, some of its cells make dopamine, a chemical that carries messages from around your brain. For example – when you feel like itching or hitting a ball, dopamine quickly sends a message to the nerve cells that control that action.
When your system runs normally, then the ability and quality of your work is very good, while when you start having trouble working, then you are a victim of Parkinson’s disease. In this, the cells of your nigra start dying, while they cannot be replaced by any other cell, as a result, the level of dopamine starts falling and it finds our brain unable to convey the message properly and control the brain from our body parts. ends. In the early days, we don’t feel this change, but as the cells of the substantia nigra start dying, you reach a point when you start to see symptoms.
Causes of Parkinson’s Disease in Hindi
The causes of Parkinson’s disease are not yet clear, but it is due to the drop in the level of a chemical called dopamine in our brain. According to doctors, when the cells of the substantia nigra start dying, the level of dopamine starts falling. And he stops recognizing the signals received from the rest of the body till the brain, as a result of which symptoms like difficulty in walking begin to appear in humans. The reason for the death of the cells of the nigra is not known, but according to some doctors, it happens due to some environmental reasons and genetic reasons.
Apart from dopamine levels, heredity is also another cause of Parkinson’s disease, for which your genes are responsible. There are some people who live a good and long life even with this disease. Our scientists are still searching for other reasons for this.
Signs and Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease
Symptoms of Parkinson’s disease can be different in all people. This disease affects men more than women. Its symptoms or initial signs are very mild or non-existent and the special thing about its symptoms is that they start on one side of the body and despite being affected on the other side, that side (from where the symptoms started) is more Keeps getting worse.
Symptoms of Parkinson’s disease may include the following symptoms:
- Shivering: This symptom is the most common symptom of this disease, which usually starts in one part of the body or often occurs in your hands or fingers. This often happens when your hand is on rest mode.
- Slowing down (bradykinesia) : As time passes, due to Parkinson’s disease, the speed of human work slows down, due to which even simple tasks seem difficult and it takes time to complete the task.
- Rigidity of muscles: Muscle stiffness can occur in any part of your body. Stiff muscles can be painful and limit range of motion.
- Trouble with balance: Parkinson’s disease may cause you to have problems with balance and your posture may be slightly different from normal.
- Absence of Automatic Functions: Due to this disease, there is a problem in some tasks like blinking eyes, shaking hands while walking, laughing etc.
- Bid Changes: Your speech may change with time, at the time of this disease there may be some hesitation in your speech, hoarseness, etc.
- Change in writing: In Parkinson’s disease, you may have to face difficulty in writing and your handwriting also becomes small because you start having difficulty in writing.
Some other symptoms of Parkinson’s disease are as follows-
- anxiety, insecurity, and stress
- don’t remember
- dementia (more common in the elderly)
- Constipation Meaning in Hindi
- difficulty swallowing
- loss of smell
- sweating profusely
- erectile dysfunction (ED)
- skin problems
- slow, quiet speech, and monotone voice
- increased urinary frequency
- Trouble sleeping or insomnia – Insomnia Meaning in Hindi
- change in blood pressure
- Fatigue Meaning in Hindi
Who gets Parkinson’s disease?
- Age is the biggest risk factor for the occurrence and development of this disease, most people who suffer from this disease (Parkinson’s disease in Hindi) are 60 years or more.
- The chances of getting this disease in men are up to 2 times more than in women.
- Some percent of people may also be a victim of this disease due to heredity.
- A person can also become a victim of Parkinson’s disease due to head injury or any disease.
- Due to the pesticide chemicals sprayed on fruits and vegetables, there is also a risk of getting this disease.
Also read about it in detail: motor neuron disease
Treatment of Parkinson’s Disease in Hindi – Treatment of Parkinson’s disease in Hindi
There is currently no cure to cure Parkinson’s disease. But there are many therapies available to improve and reduce its symptoms. All of these therapies are designed to increase the amount of dopamine in the brain by either replacing dopamine in the brain, mimicking dopamine, or prolonging the effects of dopamine by inhibiting its breakdown. Many studies have shown that if the use of these therapies reduces the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease, thereby increasing the quality of life.
The most effective treatment for Parkinson’s disease is levodopa (Sinemet), which is converted to dopamine in the brain. However, long-term treatment with levodopa has some serious side effects, which can sometimes make the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease severe. Levodopa is often prescribed to be taken with carbidopa (Sinemet), which prevents breaking down of levodopa before it reaches the brain. Taking levodopa along with carbidopa can decrease its side effects.
In the early stages of Parkinson’s disease, substances that mimic the action of dopamine (dopamine agonists), and substances that reduce the breakdown of dopamine (monoamine oxidase type B (MAO-B) inhibitors) can greatly help relieve symptoms of the disease. can do. Side effects of all these substances are quite common, including swelling due to fluid accumulation in body tissues, lethargy, constipation, dizziness, nausea, etc.
Surgery: For some people whose symptoms are uncontrolled, surgery is the only treatment option left. In deep brain stimulation (DBS), your surgeon will place electrodes in the part of your brain to stimulate it to do whatever it commands. In another type of surgery, your surgeon destroys only the part of the brain that has symptoms of Parkinson’s disease.
Stem Cell Therapy: Stem cell therapy is another option for treating Parkinson’s disease. In this, dopamine is produced from cells made from stem cells. This could be an effective therapy for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease, but much research is needed before that.
Also read about it in detail: Schizophrenia
In addition to medications and surgery, general lifestyle changes (rest and exercise), physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy may also be beneficial in Parkinson’s disease.