If you have ever noticed then you will know that sometimes our mood is very good and sometimes very bad. Some days we feel very irritable and sometimes very happy. So don’t worry, it is very normal, but if you have too many and many types of mood swings, then it can be dangerous for you and you may have become a victim of some brain related disorder. Bipolar disorder is one of the few disorders of the brain, in which the sufferer complains of frequent mood swings. It can spoil your daily life as well as spoil the environment around you, even sometimes your relationships can be affected due to this. Let us know what is this disorder (Bipolar Disorder Meaning in Hindi) and its symptoms (Bipolar Disorder Symptoms in Hindi)? But before that we will know some facts about it (Bipolar Meaning in Hindi).
Facts about Bipolar Disorder
Before knowing about Bipolar Disorder, let us throw light on some of its facts-
- Bipolar disorder is also known as manic depressive illness.
- It is a mood disorder characterized by mood swings ranging from high bipolar mania to low depression.
- The victims of this disorder are usually adults around the age of 20 years.
- Bipolar Disorder Meaning in Hindi is often mistaken for depression by women and schizophrenia by men, due to which it is not diagnosed.
- Apart from these, sometimes some people misdiagnose this disorder considering it as Borderline Personality Disorder.
- If this disorder is not treated (Treatment of Bipolar Disorder in Hindi), then it can also be fatal, sometimes they even try to commit suicide and may even harm themselves.
Bipolar Meaning in Hindi – Meaning of bipolar disorder in Hindi
According to the National Institute of Mental Health, about 2.6 percent of American adults have bipolar disorder (formerly known as manic depression and manic depressive disorder). These mood swings can range from “high” (feeling on top of the world) to “low” (feeling sad and hopeless) to depression. Suicide attempts are quite common in people suffering from bipolar disorder, especially during depressive episodes.
Bipolar disorder can be effectively treated with medication and psychotherapy. With proper treatment, a person with bipolar disorder can lead a good and productive life. This is why it is so important to recognize the symptoms and see a mental health professional for an evaluation.
Causes of Bipolar Disorder
There is no one specific cause for bipolar disorder. Indeed, like all psychiatric disorders, bipolar disorder is a complex condition caused by a number of factors, including:
Hereditary: The cause of bipolar disorder is often your family history, so researchers believe that there are genetic reasons for this disorder. Scientists are searching for the presence of abnormalities on specific genes for this.
Organic or Biological: Researchers believe that certain neurotransmitters, such as serotonin and dopamine, do not function properly in individuals with bipolar disorder, leading to the disorder.
Environmental Factors: External factors such as stress or a major life event, genetic factors or a possible biological response may also be the cause of this disorder. For example, if bipolar disorder is purely genetic, then if twins are born, both twins will have the disorder. But some research suggests that one twin may be bipolar while the other is not, with the environment being cited as a possible contributing cause.
Different Kind of Bipolar Disorder
The different types of bipolar disorder are as follows-
- Bipolar 1: This type is considered the classic type. Sufferers experience both manic and depressive episodes for varying periods of time.
- Bipolar 2: This includes less severe manic episodes than Bipolar 1; However, their depressive episodes are similar.
- Cyclothymia: A chronic but mild form of bipolar disorder, characterized by episodes of hypomania and depression that last for at least two years.
- Mixed Episodes: In this, insanity and depression occur simultaneously. Individuals may feel hopeless and depressed yet be energetic and motivated to engage in risky behavior.
- Rapid-cycling bipolar: In this, a person may experience four or more episodes of paranoia or mania, depression, or both within a year.
Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder
There are 4 main states of Bipolar Disorder-
- A mix of depression and mania (called a mixed episode)
The change in the mood of the person is like the center of attraction in this disorder (Bipolar Disorder in Hindi), which happens several times a week in a person. Whereas in some people it happens once in a month, sometimes once in a year.
While experiencing mania, a person with bipolar disorder may feel emotional changes. They may feel agitated, impulsive, boisterous, and full of energy. During a manic episode, these may include behaviors such as:
- spend a lot
- unprotected sex
- drug use
During depression you may experience:
- deep sadness
- loss of energy
- loss of interest in activities you used to enjoy
- sleeping too little or too much
- suicidal thoughts
Due to the symptoms of bipolar disorder, it becomes difficult to identify it because its symptoms are different in women, men and children, let us know what are the symptoms of bipolar disorder. Bipolar Meaning in Hindi)
Bipolar in Women – Symptoms in women
In many cases, women can feel these symptoms (Bipolar Disorder Symptoms in Hindi)-
- This happens at the age of 20 or 30.
- mild episodes of mania
- Depressive episodes are more common than manic episodes
- Manic or depressive attacks 4 or more times a year
- experiencing other conditions at the same time, such as thyroid disease, obesity, anxiety disorders, and migraines
- risk of alcohol use disorder
Bipolar in Men – Symptoms in Men
Men may experience bipolar disorder symptoms differently than women. Men with bipolar disorder may:
- should be recognized early
- men experience more severe manic episodes
- break things
- unable to function during a manic episode
Men with bipolar disorder are less likely than women to seek medical care. Also, they are more likely to die by suicide.
Bipolar in Children – Symptoms in Children
Causes of Bipolar Disorder Symptoms in a child may include:
- acting very silly and feeling overly happy
- talking on fast and rapidly changing topics
- having trouble concentrating or concentrating
- doing risky things or behaving risky
- quick temper
- Trouble sleeping and feeling tired after a lack of sleep
- complaining of feeling unwell, such as a headache or stomach ache
- eating too little or too much
- thinking about death and suicide
Diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder – How to recognize bipolar disorder?
There is no medical test to diagnose bipolar disorder. However, a psychologist, psychiatrist, or other trained mental health professional can diagnose bipolar disorder by conducting a face-to-face clinical interview. Your clinical interview will include detailed questions about your and your family’s medical and mental health history and your symptoms.
Treatment for Bipolar Disorder
There are many types of treatments available for the treatment of bipolar disorder, which include medication, counseling, psychotherapy, lifestyle changes, and some home remedies. Which are as follows-
Take these medicines in Bipolar Disorder Meaning in Hindi-
- mood stabilizers
- anti-anxiety medication such as alprazolam (Xanax), which may be used for short-term treatment
Use these psychotherapy-
- Cognitive behavioral therapy or cognitive behavioral therapy is a type of talk therapy.
- Psychoeducation is a form of counseling that helps you and your loved ones understand bipolar disorder.
- Interpersonal and social rhythm therapy (IPSRT) focuses on controlling daily habits, such as sleeping, cooking, and exercising.
You can also get rid of Bipolar Disorder by making some changes in your lifestyle-
- keep a regular eating and sleeping routine
- learn to recognize mood swings
- ask a friend or relative to support your treatment plans
- Talk to a doctor or licensed health care provider
Tips for Coping and Support
People who are facing the depressive stage may have suicidal thoughts. If someone talks about suicide in front of you, take it seriously. If you think someone is at immediate risk of self-harm or injury to another person:
- Call 911 or your local emergency number.
- Stay with the person until help arrives.
- Put away any guns, knives, medicines, or other things that could cause harm.
- Listen, but don’t judge, argue, threaten, or yell.
You can also get rid of Bipolar Disorder by doing some home remedies. Apart from this, it can also be treated with the help of electroconvulsive therapy (ECT), taking medicines for sleep, supplements and acupuncture (Bipolar Disorder Meaning in Hindi). It is necessary that its symptoms (Bipolar Disorder Symptoms in Hindi) should be diagnosed at the right time.
Also read about it in detail: Know the symptoms, causes and remedies of schizophrenia – Schizophrenia in Hindi
Book an appointment with a Neurologist (Neurologist in Ahmedabad) near you today for the treatment of Bipolar Disorder or Schizophrenia or any other mind related problem.