We Indians are very fond of food and drink and many times we do not think even once before eating outside food. But do you know that due to wrong eating habits, there can be pain in our stomach, acidity and many minor stomach problems. Often we ignore problems like acidity and stomach pain, but if you are constantly suffering from stomach and back pain, do not take it lightly, it can also be appendix pain. Appendix Meaning in Hindi – Appendix is a piece of intestine which is usually between the small intestine and the large intestine, it is a thin tube about four inches long which is on the right side and down in the stomach. When a person has a problem of acidity, constipation or stomach infection for a long time, then there is swelling in this intestine which causes pain of appendix, so it is necessary to know about its symptoms and causes. Know so that it can be treated in time (Appendix Ka Ilaj). Let us know what is the meaning of appendix, and whether operation is necessary for its treatment or not?
Appendix Meaning in Hindi
Appendix Meaning in Hindi: The appendix is like a tube about 4 inches long. It is attached to the first part of the human large intestine. Although the function of the appendix is unknown, one theory suggests that the appendix acts as a storehouse for good bacteria, which help “reboot” the digestive system after illnesses such as diarrhea. Other experts believe that the appendix is a useless waste of our body that is of no use. And if the appendix is removed surgically, it does not cause any health problems.
- Appendicitis: Appendicitis, caused by inflammation, infection, or rupture of the appendix, is characterized by severe pain in the right lower abdomen, accompanied by nausea and vomiting. The risk of appendicitis in men is about 8.6 percent whereas if you are a woman, your risk of appendicitis will be about 6.7 percent.
- Tumor of appendix: Carcinoid tumors secrete chemicals that cause periodic flushing, wheezing, and diarrhea. Epithelial tumor growth occurs in the appendix which can be cancerous. Appendix tumors are very rare.
“To treat it, doctors remove the appendix by performing an appendectomy.”
Symptoms of Appendix
Appendicitis is usually caused by a bacterial infection. The infection can start in your abdomen and spread to the appendix.
The symptoms of appendicitis can be of different types. These include:
- lower right abdominal pain
- pain around navel
- loss of appetite
Read Also: Are Viral Gastroenteritis & Food Poisoning same?
Test for Appendix – Appendix Ke Test
If you think you have appendicitis, see your doctor right away. To diagnose your condition, the doctor will ask you about your symptoms and do a physical examination, apart from this your doctor may also order the following tests –
- Medical Examination and Medical Tests: The man test for appendicitis is a simple abdominal test that is an important method of diagnosing appendicitis. Changes on abdominal examination help doctors tell whether appendicitis is progressing.
- CT Scan (Computed Tomography): In this, a CT scanner creates a detailed picture of the appendix with the help of X-rays and a computer. In appendicitis, a CT scan can show a swollen appendix, and whether it has ruptured.
- Ultrasound: Ultrasound uses sound waves to detect signs of appendicitis, such as a swollen appendix.
- Complete Blood Count (CBC): An increased number of white blood cells – a sign of infection and inflammation in the appendix – is often seen during blood tests for appendicitis.
- Other Imaging Tests: When a rare tumor is suspected in the appendix, imaging tests can detect it. These include MRI, positron emission tomography (PET), and CT scan.
Treatment of Appendix
Most doctors do surgery or operation (Appendix Operation in Hindi) to treat Appendix, but due to modern techniques, its treatment has become possible even by taking antibiotics only. Its treatment (Appendix Ka Ilaj) are as follows-
Surgery is the only treatment for appendicitis. The doctor may use traditional techniques (one large cut) or laparoscopy (several small cuts and a camera to look inside). Surgery is also required to remove the tumor of appendix. If the tumor is large, more invasive surgery may be needed with removal of part of the colon.
Read Also: Laparoscopic Surgery FAQs
To perform an appendectomy, doctors perform minimally invasive surgery, or laparoscopy. To perform minimally invasive surgery, your doctor usually operates using two or more small incisions instead of one long incision. Compared to traditional “open” surgery, it usually has better results such as:
- short hospital stay
- Less Pain
- quick recovery
- low rate of complications
Although antibiotics treat any possible infection that may be causing the symptoms, in general, antibiotics alone will not effectively treat appendicitis. .
If appendicitis is not as severe, using antibiotics instead of surgery reduces the risk of complications by at least 31 percent. It is a safe and effective option for less severe appendicitis.
For severe gastric and bloating problems, don’t hesitate and visit Gastroenterologist near you.