You must have had a wonderful Diwali by bursting crackers with your friends, family, etc., right? But you do not know what is the impact on the body and the environment after Diwali, nor do we think about it at all while doing this.
According to a report by the Meteorological Department, Delhi recorded last year’s highest level of Responsive Suspended Particulate Matter (RSPM) pollution post-Diwali at 531 mg per cubic meter – which is five times higher than the normal level of RSPM. This increases the risk of respiratory problems the most – followed by Delhi in Kolkata where the level of suspended particles was 417 mg per cubic meter and in Chennai at 320 mg per cubic meter.
Let us know how after Diwali you can protect yourself from this pollution and after-effects of Diwali-
1. Measures to avoid pollution after Diwali:
After Diwali, not only in Delhi, the air quality of the entire country has once again reached a worrying state. In such a situation, it has become very important to protect yourself from pollution, otherwise your health may be affected badly. So here today we are going to tell you how you can protect yourself and your loved ones from pollution:
- To keep the air of your home pure, for this you can plant indoor air purifying plants in your homes. Apart from this, you can also use air purifiers.
- Use a good quality mask before going out, and wear clothes that cover as much as possible.
- Consume foods that increase your immunity like basil leaves, ginger, spinach etc.
- Plant more and more trees to reduce the pollution around your house.
- Don’t go out of the house as much as possible, and protect yourself from pollution.
- Exercise at home, do not exercise outside in the open.
Also read about it in detail: #FreedomFrom Pollution On Diwali
2. Ways to detox the body after Diwali:
Undoubtedly, Diwali is the sweetest and most joyous occasion celebrated in the world. The temptation of one dessert after another with snacks and drinks during Diwali can be bad for your healthy diet plan.
We eat a lot on the occasion of Diwali, and all this sweets, dishes and pollution outside can also have a bad effect on our health. So today we are going to tell you how to detox yourself after Diwali:
- Your priority after Diwali should be how to flush out the toxins from your body and maintain the health of your stomach. For this, eat foods containing probiotics like yogurt, kefir. Probiotics are good bacteria that take care of your gut health.
- Get the best quality sleep, for this it is very important to sleep for at least 7-8 hours. People often stay up late during Diwali, and you might not be aware – sleep is an important aspect of detoxification as it allows the body to heal and recharge by removing toxic wastes that have accumulated throughout the day. gives.
- Consuming fresh fruits as much as possible can be the best idea to detox your body after Diwali.
- After Diwali, eat such food which is easy to digest.
- Keep yourself hydrated means drink water well and in plenty. Drink plenty of water or lemon water in the morning, by doing this you can detox your body.
- Try homemade detox drinks, these simple and effective drinks help you get rid of the effects of Diwali food by reducing weight and improving digestion. So try to have a healthy detox drink at least once a day.
Also read about it in detail: How to Lose Weight and Detox after Diwali
3. Remedies for burn wounds caused by firecrackers
By the way, we had told you in our previous article that do not use firecrackers on Diwali, doing so can have many side effects. But if you have still lit firecrackers and you have suffered any harm like burning, cutting, etc., then you can do the following measures:
- If your or your child’s burn is not severe, try first aid at home. You can use cold water for this. For minor burns, keep the burnt body part under running cold water.
- Clean your skin with a cool and clean cloth. Cold compress helps to relieve pain and swelling. In just 5 minutes, you will see your swelling, redness and pain reducing.
- Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, aloe vera can be used to reduce the irritation and pain caused by burns.
- Tea bags contain tannic acid, which can cool the heat of the burn and relieve pain. After cleaning the skin with cold water, apply wet tea bags on the injury.
By following all these tips, you can save yourself from the after effects of Diwali.
In case of burns or injuries, immediately visit your nearest medical emergency department and for other health issues contact Credihealth medical experts today.