Along with other countries around the world, the risk and spread of coronavirus is increasing in India as well. Due to the rapid spread of Corona Virus or COVID-19, it has become extremely necessary for us to step out and spend more time at home than ever before. The best way to avoid an epidemic like this Coronavirus is to protect yourself and your loved ones from it. For this it is necessary to avoid going out and do not come in contact with people. Apart from this, you can quarantine yourself at home.
Let us first know what is the meaning of quarantine.
Quarantine is the condition or place of being alone for a person who may be exposed to infectious diseases. The duration of isolation reduces the likelihood that a person can transmit their illness to others.
Quarantine is not only for sick people, it can also be for people who appear healthy, because they can spread the disease to other people without knowing that they are carriers of any disease. This is the reason why people who appear healthy can also be quarantined, but it also depends on where they are coming from.
As we have mentioned above what is quarantine and Respected Prime Minister After the speech of everywhere like social media and our relatives are also talking about this topic, we will tell you what are the things to keep in mind in this regard and can be important for you:
- Who should practice home quarantine?
- What measures can be taken?
It is worth keeping in mind here that you should know the difference between quarantine, social distancing, and isolation. Let’s know what is the meaning of these three first.
Maintaining physical distance from other people while interacting with each other to reduce the spread of infectious diseases of Coronavirus. Canceling large public gatherings and meetings and closing malls, schools and other public places are examples of social distancing.
When a person who is unwell or has symptoms of coronavirus decides to isolate themselves from contact with other infected people, it is known as quarantine. Such persons usually restrict themselves from leaving their homes for a few days. Quarantine is highly suggested for those individuals who are susceptible to contracting the coronavirus and need to come in contact with other infected individuals.
Individuals who are diagnosed with COVID-19 or coronavirus require isolation. It simply means that people who are suffering from infectious disease should be kept away from healthy people so that this infection does not spread further. Unwell individuals may be housed at home, in a hospital, or at a health facility specially equipped to care for infected patients.
We have told you above what is the difference between social distancing, isolation and quarantine, let us know who should do home quarantine (Coronavirus quarantine guidelines in india) and for how long should it be?
Who should do home quarantine? Coronavirus quarantine guidelines in India
Home quarantine is a measure that applies to all ‘contacts’ of a suspected or confirmed case of coronavirus. The CDC advises people over the age of 60 and those who are immunocompromised to preferably stay at home. In addition to these:
- Anyone living in the same household with a person affected by COVID-19
- Anyone who has direct physical contact with a coronavirus patient without wearing the necessary protective gear
- anyone who was in a closed environment with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
- Anyone who has had direct contact with a COVID-19 patient at a distance of 1 meter including air travel
- The home quarantine period is for 14 days from contact with a confirmed case or earlier if a suspected case (of whom the index person is a contact) turns out to be negative on laboratory testing.
Home Quarantine Rules : Home quarantine guidelines in india
Following measures should be followed for home quarantine
- Stay in a well-ventilated single-room, preferably in-room bathroom
- If the room is being shared, maintain a distance of 1 meter with the person at all times
- For those who are asymptomatic or unwell, ensure that your ‘work from home’ set-up is arranged in a well-lit and comfortable space in the room in which you are isolated.
- Stay away from elders in the house, pregnant women and children
- The person under quarantine should be restricted from visiting other rooms/common areas of the house
- Under Quarantine, the person should use the mask at home and also while going out if needed.
As we mentioned above that the quarantine period is 2 weeks, for this you can stock-up the following items during home quarantine:
- food items
- Medicines and first aid kit
- Other essential items such as towels, cleaning products
- Bath & Hygiene Products
Instructions for caregivers:
If you are taking care of the patient, follow these instructions
- Always wear a surgical mask and gloves when in physical contact with the patient
- Throw away used masks and gloves immediately and make sure not to use them again
- Wash the clothes, towels, utensils, etc. of the infected person separately.
- Do not allow any visitors to come in contact with the quarantined person
- Do not allow any visitors until the patient has been home quarantined
- Regularly clean the bedroom, bathroom, sheets and blankets to avoid the spread of the virus
- General public health measures should be followed
- wash your hands regularly with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds
- Use a 70% alcohol-based sanitizer when you don’t use soap and water
things to keep in mind
- Corona virus spreads through respiratory droplets so do not touch anything while going out and do not touch your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Wash your hands and face immediately after coming from outside and keep soap in hand for at least 20 seconds while washing hands.
- When sneezing, cover mouth with tissue paper or bent elbow.
Remember, home quarantine is a measure to control the rapid spread of coronavirus infection. If during your home quarantine, you develop symptoms or feel unwell, please call your healthcare provider and consult a doctor, if necessary.
ALSO READ SELF QUARANTINE – THINGS TO DO & HOW TO PREPARE YOURSELF
For more advice and information about coronavirus, talk to our medical expert, Let Credihealth help you choose the right specialist doctor and clinic, compare treatment costs from different hospitals and get timely medical attention