In view of the increasing cases of corona virus, the Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India has issued some simple measures that can help people to increase their immunity and protect you from the outbreak of COVID-19. Keeping in view the present situation, these guidelines which are recommended by eminent Vaidyas from across the country and have been issued keeping in mind the respiratory health.
You might not know, our body’s natural defense system also known as immunity plays a vital role in maintaining our good health. As you all would know that there is no known cure for Coronavirus or COVID-19 as of now, the only way to avoid it is prevention. Our immunity can play a major role in this process, if your immune system or immunity is strong then you can avoid this epidemic.
Through Ayurveda, you can improve your health by using the gifts of nature. This plant based science propagates two concepts – ‘Dinacharya’ and ‘Ritucharya’. ‘Dincharya’ means daily regime i.e. your daily routine and ‘Ritucharya’ means seasonal regime. All Ayurveda inspired immunity boosting remedies and preventive tips are based on these two concepts only. By making these remedies a part of your daily routine, you can significantly improve and strengthen your immune system.
Also read: How to increase immunity to fight against corona virus?
General measures given by the Ministry of AYUSH
- drink only warm water
- Include spices like turmeric, coriander, cumin and garlic in your daily cooking
- Be sure to practice yoga, breathing exercises (‘pranayama’), and meditation for at least half an hour every day
Ayurvedic remedies to increase immunity by Ministry of AYUSH
- Eat 1 teaspoon Chyawanprash daily in the morning. People who are diabetic should consume sugar-free Chyawanprash.
- Mix half a teaspoon of turmeric powder in hot milk. It should be taken 1-2 times a day.
- Make herbal tea or a decoction of basil, cinnamon, black pepper, dry ginger and raisins and drink it 1-2 times a day. You can add fresh lemon juice or jaggery to it as per your choice.
Ayurvedic procedure to increase immunity by Ministry of AYUSH
- Oil pulling (rinse with oil) – For this, take 1 tbsp coconut oil or sesame oil. Take it in your mouth, and without swallowing, keep the oil in your mouth for 2-3 minutes. Then spit it out and rinse with warm water. You can do this 1-2 times a day. This process is very helpful in increasing your immunity.
- Nasal application Apply coconut oil, ghee, or sesame oil in both your nostrils. You can do this twice a day.
Remedy for Dry Cough/Sore Throat by Ministry of AYUSH
- Mix clove powder with jaggery/honey. This mixture can be taken 2-3 times a day to soothe a sore throat or dry cough.
- Steam inhalation can be done once a day with mint leaves or ajwain.
Dry cough and sore throat can probably be treated with these remedies. However, if the cough persists for more than a period of time, you must consult a doctor. You Book online video or telephonic consultations with leading doctors across the country through Credihealth.
Using Ayurveda to enhance the immune system is indeed a gift of nature to us, and regularly practicing some of these steps can help your body fight against coronavirus. But these measures may not be enough to cure COVID-19, but they will definitely help you fight the virus if it enters your body.
Along with this it is also important to be very cautious with information on improving your immunity coming from non-credible sources. It is essential to debunk all the myths on ways to boost the immune system before making them a part of your daily regime.
Read this also: These things related to Coronavirus, know whether it is true or false: Coronavirus Myths And Facts
For more advice and information about coronavirus, talk to our medical expert, Let Credihealth help you choose the right specialist doctor and clinic, compare treatment costs from different hospitals and get timely medical attention.